State-of-the-Art Classrooms, Labs, and Computing
At the Carlson School of Management, our up-to-date facilities and technology as well as our research priorities reflect our commitment to building an environment that advances critical thinking and enhances the practical application of new knowledge. We believe that access to cutting edge technology and resources enables students to function at their highest level, enabling them to become new business leaders in the global marketplace.
Housed in a 243,000 square-foot building that was dedicated in 1998, the Carlson School enjoys a prime location on the University of Minnesota campus. The building encompasses 33 classrooms, 35 meeting rooms, a 180-seat lecture hall, and a 250-seat auditorium. With wireless Internet access throughout the facility, experiential learning laboratories, digitized audio-video information, teleconferencing, and video interview capabilities, the Carlson School combines advanced technology with intelligent design to provide a modern learning environment.
Download PDF of Carlson Building room names and numbers »
Hanson Hall is a 124,000 square-foot, four-story building with an atrium and includes:
Download PDF of Hanson Hall room names and numbers »
- Nine state-of-the-art classrooms designed to foster engaged interaction between instructors and students, offering wireless access and the latest in presentation technology
- An expanded Business Career Center with 22 interview rooms, a recruiter lounge, and a classroom space designed specifically for company information sessions
- A new Carlson Undergraduate Program office
- The collaborative student learning center located on the lower level, with a laptop-friendly lab, an information technology help desk, and an undergraduate student lounge
- The Hanson Learning Lab, exclusively for undergraduate students and designed for student laptops with lots of space for students to sit down, work, and charge laptops; and 72 secure laptop locker slots for laptop program participants to store and charge their laptops
Both buildings at the Carlson School include the latest 802.11n wireless connectivity, and the classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio and visual technology. The three student computer labs were updated in the summer of 2009 with new Lenovo ThinkCentre M58p desktop computers with 19-inch LCD displays. The labs offer a full suite of business software and are the only labs on campus offering wireless printing capability. In the Hanson building each breakout room includes a plasma screen for student collaboration.
IT Student Services (ITSS) offers Carlson School Undergraduate and Full-Time MBA students who participate in the school's laptop program all-inclusive in-house support and, for all other students, general technical support in both buildings.
Additional services include:
- Printing (no extra cost)
- Equipment checkout
- Hanson Laptop Repair Center
- Carlson Help Desk
Research is a critically important role for the Carlson School. Our research facilities
, which include behavioral labs and research computing resources, demonstrate the Carlson School's commitment to its strong, ongoing tradition of transformative research.