By matching graduate students with alumni and HR practitioners from the community, the CHRLS Alumni Association Mentoring Program provides students with opportunities to learn from professionals, build connections with the HR community, and plan successful careers.
- Mentors typically meet with their mentee (student) each month during the program, and all participants are invited to attend additional events such as HR Tomorrow and professional development workshops sponsored by the CHRLS Alumni Association.
- Mentors should have at least two years HR experience. Local and out-of-town mentors are welcome to participate.
- The program is beneficial for both mentors and mentees, providing mentees with real-world exposure to the human resources field, and offering mentors the opportunity to enhance coaching, communication and relationship-building skills.
- This year, the program will run from February 2011 through December 2011.
- The Mentoring Committee will conduct mentor/mentee matching during the month of January and mentors will receive mentee names and contact information in late January, prior to our Kick-Off Event.
- The Mentoring Committee will continue to sponsor events throughout the year and will provide ongoing support for the program.
Mentoring Kick-Off Event
At the Kick-Off Event in February, mentors and mentees learned more about the roles and expectations associated with mentoring and how best to structure the mentoring partnership.
Please click on the following links from this Kick-Off:
Registration for the 2011 Mentoring Program is closed. If you have questions about being a mentor or a mentee in the future, please contact email@example.com.
Thanks for your support!