Planning and Preparation
It's never too early to start planning for your education abroad experience. A team of Education Abroad advisers is available to discuss your international education options.
Steps to Take
- Watch the IE 101 video in your MGMT 1001 or BA 3000 class. Then select from the additional workshops offered (academic planning, program selection, and financial aid and scholarships) that provide an overview of the international experience requirement and useful information about planning for, choosing, and financing a program that is right for you.
- Research program options.
- Complete an online profile and contact the Education Abroad Advising office to schedule an appointment, or simply stop in during walk-in advising hours. You may also wish to complete the Goal Setting Worksheet, and bring it when meeting with your adviser.
- Consult with your academic adviser. Discuss the completion of your other academic requirements, the timing of your international experience, and the type of coursework to take abroad so your experience abroad is integrated into your overall academic plan.
- Consult the Business Career Center about your study abroad plans and understand the steps you'll need to take to best manage your job or internship search. Review the Career Search & Study Abroad handout for more advice.
When to Participate
You can participate in international programs at any point in your Carlson School career. Every student's situation is different, so you should determine when to study abroad based on your own circumstances. Many programs have a range of participants, from students in their first semester to students taking their last Carlson class.