Career and Internship Fair Employer Information
Join us for the Fall 2014 Undergraduate Career and Internship Fair!
Monday, September 15, 2014
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Expand each section to find information on registration, cost of attendance, electricity access, shipping packages and more.
- Log in to The Edge and click the Career Events tab
- Leave all fields blank, and click Search
- Scroll through the event list until you find the Undergraduate Career & Internship Fair
- Click on the Register link located to the right of the event name
- Complete the registration form (all fields marked with an * are required)
If you do not have an Edge account:
- Visit The Edge and click Login: Employer/Recruiters
- Click on Click Here to Register on the bottom right
- Search for your organization to check if an account has already been established
- If an account already exists, click on the Company's name and fill out the new contact form
- If no account exists, click Can't Find Organization and fill in all required information (*)
- Please read our Users Agreement and select Yes
- Click on the Register button; please allow up to 48 hours for your account to be approved
- NOTE: if after your account has been approved, you can't find the Career Events tab, please contact the Undergraduate Employer Relations Associate at 612-624-3549
Employer registration for the fair is $450.00 per booth, and covers two representatives, one table, two parking vouchers, and lunch for two representatives.
- Additional representatives are $75 per person.
- There is a limit of four representatives per table.
- You are welcome to register for additional tables (based on availability).
After the fair, your organization will be sent an invoice. The invoice will include information on how to pay via check or credit card. We no longer accept payment via The Edge system.
For a copy of the University's W9 Form, please log into The Edge and click on the Resource Library link near the left side of the screen.
Employer representatives who are registered for the career fair can park in the following lots. Registered employers will receive a parking coupon when they check-in at employer registration. You may drop off materials at the loading dock if you would like assistance.
- Lot 37 - 5th Street SE, across from the Mariucci Arena loading dock and Baseline Tennis Center
- Maroon Lot - 21st Ave and 6th Street, north side of TCF Bank Stadium
If you are unable to park in either of these lots, please park in another University of Minnesota lot or ramp to receive parking validation.
Volunteers will be available 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. to assist employers who would like to drop-off packages at the Mariucci Arena loading dock at 1912 SE 5th Street.
Entering the Career Fair
Please enter Mariucci Arena through the Main Entrance at 1901 4th Street SE (east side of the venue) to check-in. Material drop-off is located at the loading dock.
If you need access to an electrical outlet at the fair, please indicate this on the registration form in The Edge. If you have already submitted your registration, email your request to email@example.com. We will try our best to accommodate electricity requests received via email, but cannot guarantee access.
Limited wi-fi access will be available throughout the fair. Log-in information will be distributed at employer check-in.
The cancellation deadline is Monday, September 1, 2014. There will be no refunds after this date and employers who cancel will be invoiced for their entire registration fee.
In the event that you cannot attend the fair, notification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All packages can be shipped to:
LARSON RECORDS MANAGEMENT
RE: Carlson School Career and Internship Fair
2550 Walnut Street
Roseville, MN 55113
All packages MUST:
- Be labeled specifically for the Carlson School Career Fair, or they will not be delivered.
- Be received between September 1 and September 12, 2014, to ensure delivery to the career fair. Items shipped beyond this time frame or to other venues are the responsibility of the employer.
IMPORTANT: Student hand-outs given on the day of fair contain employers' job/internship posting information. This information is taken directly from the employer registration form in The Edge. Please ensure all registration information is correct so that your available jobs/internships will be included in all student marketing.
The Carlson School Career & Internship Fairs are ONLY open to:
- Current Carlson School undergraduate students
- Current Master of Accountancy students
- Current Master of Business Taxation students
Please do not invite students that are not currently enrolled in one of the programs listed above, as we are unable to admit them to the Career Fair.
Skip the give-aways! We request all employers' participation in our Give-Away-Less Fair. We love hosting our career fairs, but the events produce a lot of waste. Employers who skip the give-aways will be highlighted in our various marketing materials to students. Please confirm your participation in the Give-Away-Less Fair within your fair registration in The Edge. If you should have any questions about the Give-Away-Less Fair, please call the Employer Relations Associate at 612-624-3549, or email email@example.com
- 8:30 a.m. Employer set-up begins Employers can drop off items
at the loading dock located at 1912 SE 5th Street. Students will be on-hand to help take items to your booth.
- 10:00 a.m. Fair opens to students
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch available for employers
- 3:00 p.m. Fair ends Please pack up any items to be shipped out and make sure they are labeled appropriately. FedEx will be on-site after the fair to ship packages. Employers are responsible for packaging and having completed packing slips for each package shipped.
Save the Date
The Spring Career and Internship Fair will be held Friday, January 30, 2015, at TCF Bank Stadium.