MBA Course Petition Form
Graduate students from other U of M departments may use this form to
request enrollment in Carlson MBA courses on a space-available basis.
The Carlson School of Management MBA Program allows Non-MBA graduate students to petition to take a maximum of three MBA courses. Requests to be enrolled in additional courses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit the Non-MBA Graduate Student Petition Form online or submit a hard copy to MBA Student Affairs.
MBA Student Affairs
Carlson School of Management
321 Nineteenth Avenue South, Suite 1-110
Minneapolis, MN 55455
|Spring 2014 (Full sememster, 11 wk, A-term)
||January 14, 2014
|Spring 2014 (B-term)
||March 20, 2014
- December 4, 2013 registration for electives begins (ex. MGMT 6004 or ENTR 6020)
- January 16, 2014 registration for MBA core courses begins (ex. MBA 6030 or MBA 6120)
Information About Petitions
- All approvals are issued through the MBA Student Affairs team; do not seek a permission number from faculty members.
- Students will be notified via University of Minnesota email of the status of their petition within 3-5 business days of submission.
- All classes must be taken for a letter grade (A/F); courses cannot be taken as pass/fail (S/N) or audit.\
- Undergraduate and non-degree seeking students are not permitted to take MBA courses.
- If the course you are requesting has a prerequisite that you have not met, we may refer you to the instructor for permission to enroll.
- There is no guarantee that you will get into any classes.
- Not all day/Full-Time MBA courses are open to non-MBA students.
- If the class you are petitioning is closed (full), you will be added to the waitlist for the course.
- HRIR, MBT, MAcc, Dental Hygiene, and MHA students should petition through their respective department for admission into an MBA course.